1. What is the book (or books) you’ve given most as a gift, and why? Or what are one to three books that have greatly influenced your life?
2. What purchase of $100 or less has most positively impacted your life in the last six months (or in recent memory)?
3. How has a failure, or apparent failure, set you up for later success? Do you have a “favorite failure” of yours?
4. What is one of the best or most worthwhile investments you’ve ever made? (Could be an investment of money, time, energy, etc.
5. If you could have a gigantic billboard anywhere with anything on it (metaphorically speaking, getting a message out to millions or billions) what would it say and why? It could be a few words or a paragraph. (If helpful, it can be someone else’s quote: Are there any quotes you live by?)
6. What are bad recommendations you hear in your profession or area of expertise?
7. What advice would you give to a smart, driven college student about to enter the “real world”? What advice should they ignore?
8. What is an unusual habit or an absurd thing that you love? In the last five years, what new belief, behavior, or habit has most improved your life?
9. In the last five years, what have you become better at saying no to (distractions, invitations, etc.)? What new realizations and/or approaches helped?
10. When you feel overwhelmed or unfocused, or have lost your focus temporarily, what do you do? (If helpful: What questions do you ask yourself?)